Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


( 64 comments — Leave a comment )
Page 1 of 4
<<[1] [2] [3] [4] >>
Oct. 10th, 2010 05:08 pm (UTC)
Not sure if this idea is helpful or even appropriate, but . . . you have a business relationship with the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians. Any friends there? Their reservation is sovereign land -- if they let you stay there that might prevent corrupt officials from threatening you or your family.
Oct. 10th, 2010 05:34 pm (UTC)
When Hell Came to Our Home
User kickair8p referenced to your post from When Hell Came to Our Home saying: [...] is asking for this to be reposted: When Hell Came to Our Home [...]
Oct. 10th, 2010 06:05 pm (UTC)
May I recommend calling the local media if you can't get any help from Law Enforcement? Publicity for this behavior should help you.

Oct. 10th, 2010 07:12 pm (UTC)
seriously scary posted link on my LJ hope it helps.
Oct. 11th, 2010 01:50 am (UTC)
Reposted, and plenty of positive sent your way. That's really terrifying -- keep plugging away with the police that are ACTUALLY helping. And definitely try to contact the media, keep documentation and records. Also, possibly contact your insurance to inform them you think someone stole your information.

Going to the next level also might help. Contact the state police/attorney and your representative about this, as well as maybe a lawyer that isn't connected to the local law enforcement. If all else fails, maybe consider a private investigator who can prove your suspicion that the DHS person is related to the neighbors.

As is, they've already violated professional ethics since the deputy (and suspected DHS) have a personal connection to those involved. Your greatest weapon against them will be documentation of everything and ATTENTION. Start calling local media outlets, call groups associated with women's or victim's rights. Call politicians on the local, regional, and state level. These people are EMPLOYEES of the state, and answerable to the state. Make it clear they are abusing their authority and terrorizing your family, as well as endangering your children.

Most importantly, I'd say you should continue to try to stay out of there. If you can find somewhere else to keep the children, by god do it. They've already kidnapped one once, to jumpstart the whole process. Don't trust them to not go further.

Edited at 2010-10-11 01:55 am (UTC)
Oct. 11th, 2010 01:58 am (UTC)

Can I post a link to this on my journal? I don't know how much it would help, but at least it might spread the word around a little more.
Oct. 11th, 2010 02:12 am (UTC)
Resource and Info
Here's something you MAY find helpful?

From the ACLU's website: Fighting Police Abuse

At the bottom of the page, it lists groups that can be useful.

Police Watch
611 S. Catalina, Suite 409
Los Angeles, CA 90005
Tel: (213) 387-3325
Model legal referral program for victims of police abuse. Some training for police abuse litigators. Data base on incidents of abuse in Southern California.

International Association For Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement (IACOLE)
1204 Wesley Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
Tel: (312) 353-4391
Professional association of persons involved in civilian review of the police. Membership consists primarily of staff members of local civilian review agencies. Annual meeting. Newsletter. Periodically publishes a compendium of civilian review agencies.

National Coalition for Police Accountability (NCPA)
59 E. Van Buren, Suite 2418
Chicago, IL 60603
Tel: (312) 663-5392
New coalition of groups working on police abuse issues. Members include legal, advocacy, victims, minority police and religious organizations. Plans for annual conference, newsletter and other forms of networking.


Police Crimes

Edited at 2010-10-11 02:16 am (UTC)
Oct. 11th, 2010 05:23 am (UTC)
Some suggestions...
Firstly, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I truly hope everything works out. These are my suggestions:

1 - if you can afford it, put in some small cameras at the front and back door of your house where the break-ins are occuring. You need to catch, on film, those who are breaking in. This way, you can take something solid to the police - in your county and in another. If someone from the police department (ie: Bozo) is one of the people breaking in, they surely cannot ignore that kind of evidence and breach of conduct. Or another police department will be able to help.

2 - As well, or instead of the cameras, set up some cheap motion detecting lights. My friend's parents had issues with a person graffiting their car. The motion dectector lights - that lit up the moment someoe was on their property - put an end to that.

3 - Consider investing in some metal and fly-wire security doors - similar to those we have in Australia. They are slash proof and generally sturdier than wooden doors. And they give you that added protection that, when you open your wooden door, there is another, stronger one that you can see through, between you and whoever is there. They are also child proof and can have handles placed higher than a child can each. So, should someone break-in again and claim your child has wnadered out, you have clear evidence a child could not have done so.

4 - Failing any of those, I would suggest moving -now- and staying at a family member or friend's home. You do not want to be there with your children, alone, especially if they are getting into your home. Take photographic evidence - with dates - before you leave, of the entire house, inside and out, so that any damage done while you are gone will be evident.

5 - Inform the police department, now, that you were in contact with while at "Good Buddy's" home and tell them what you are doing and what has happened. They seemed like they were willing to try and help. Inform them that you are either setting up cameras, or taking photographic evidence. Make sure you take down names and dates of when you've spoken to people. Keep good records so you have a detailed time line and detailed list of contacts, and what people have said. Send copies of the recording to as many people as you can and do the same with any film footage you get if you also go that route. If ANYONE comes to your door, demand identification from here on out. Even if it is the District Attorney, do not let them in if they have no ID, you have more than enough right to do that. Contact a alwyer, now, outside your county and do the same I told you to do with the police - inform them of your plans, take down all their names, dates of the call and the time, etc.

Keep safe, I hope something I have said helps. Do not let these people bully and intimidate you. You are doing the right thing.
Oct. 12th, 2010 04:29 am (UTC)
Re: Some suggestions...
WRT 1: See if you can get cameras that don't need to be wired. Get the ones that have remote recorders. That way even if they ruin the camera, or trash the house or whatever trying to find the recorder, they will not ruin the evidence. Obviously they already know to erase whatever they can.

Also: My aunt has a program on her laptop that activates her webcam when it senses movement. And then it streams elsewhere so her druggy son cannot erase it. She keeps a small lamp on near it so it can sense someone there. Then, even if they take the laptop (she uses a cheap netbook for this because eventually she knows he will catch on and think to smash the machine), you have that documented that they were in the house, and what they DID in the house. Perhaps better would be something similar to a nanny cam in a stuffed animal. A teddy bear tossed on the floor of this room, a babydoll on a table in another, they'd never notice.
Oct. 11th, 2010 01:03 pm (UTC)
No title
User copperbadge referenced to your post from No title saying: [...] is a link passed on to me by many people. has posted a detailed account of her recent harassment [...]
Oct. 11th, 2010 03:21 pm (UTC)
Here's the local FOX tipline- it wants a local name and address.http://www.fox2now.com/

I've sent a short summary and a link to Deadline, Theblaze.com, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, ThinkProgress and their archenemy Fox News. Hopefully at least one of them will pick up the story. If I think of anything else I can do, I'll let you know.
Oct. 11th, 2010 06:54 pm (UTC)
For what it's worth you have the sympathies of a Random Internet Stranger.

Good Luck and stay strong
Oct. 11th, 2010 07:28 pm (UTC)
Oct. 11th, 2010 09:02 pm (UTC)
This is awful. Doing what little I can by reposting and boosting the signal.
Oct. 11th, 2010 11:16 pm (UTC)
As others have said, call the state police. Call the state Department of Human Services. The DHS should know whether or not the investigation is legit, and they can't deny you information about something that would be your own case.

Use this website to search for the people who claim to be from DHS:

If their name isn't in there, they're not legit. Knowing that much should light a fire under other people to take an interest in what is going on.

I hope things work out for you.
Oct. 15th, 2010 12:55 am (UTC)
They don't list DHS.
(no subject) - keeperofqkeys - Oct. 15th, 2010 01:14 am (UTC) - Expand
Not there. - crabby_lioness - Oct. 15th, 2010 01:55 am (UTC) - Expand
Oct. 12th, 2010 02:03 am (UTC)
I have re-posted on my blog and have submitted to NPR news. Hang in there. Sending good wishes your way.
Page 1 of 4
<<[1] [2] [3] [4] >>
( 64 comments — Leave a comment )